Try a golden twist on a beachside favourite.
Supposedly invented by explorer Sir Francis Drake as a cure for scurvy and dysentery among
his crew (!) the mojito is still a classic.
Adding gold instead of white rum brings extra depth and flavour to every sip.
- Squeeze half a lime into a glass.
- Add a handful of mint leaves and the brown sugar (according to your taste).
- Muddle until fresh aromas are released.
- Add the rum.
- Fill to the brim with crushed ice.
- Top with soda water and stir gently.
- Garnish with another squeeze of lime and some mint.